Oral cancer is a serious problem. Fortunately, if the condition is identified in its early stages, the likelihood of successfully treating oral cancer improves drastically. At First Care Dental Assoc, our dentists and team work hard to identify any potential complications in your oral health. If you would like to learn more about your prevention and screening options for oral cancer in Tallahassee, Florida, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rigsby, Dr. Kizirian and Dr. Sharpstein today.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life threatening. At our office, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentists and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
The following are common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the face, neck, or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red and white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
We accept several dental insurance plans
We accept a wide range of dental insurances, ensuring your smiles stay bright! Don't have coverage? Call us! We can explore alternative options. We're here to help navigate financial details, making dental care accessible and stress-free. Don't let finances hinder your oral health!"